Friday, August 20, 2010

A Title Would Go Here

August is winding down! Which means I'm about to be a father! Crazy crazy crazy!

Youth, yall are doing a fantastic job of inviting friends to come check out the church. I'm extremely proud of you for reaching out to your lost friends! Don't forget that the 27th (Next Friday) is game night! Daniel and MariaLe Watson will be there hosting the event, and depending on whether or not Ania has given birth we might be there as well. Bring your friends, and whatever board/card games you want to play and be ready to have some fun!

Also, I'm going to need to know if it will be at all possible for you guys to start saving for a spring break ski trip. The cost will be around 400 which means you'd need to start saving money now. I don't want to take 2 or 3 people, and I don't want 20 people telling me they can do it just to try to back out later. If I can get enough of a response then we'll set a time for deposits and stuff like that... just need to know within the next few weeks.

God has been showing me this week that I absolutely 100% have to rely on Him for my strength and well-being. I'm realizing just how frail and meek I am in comparison to Him and how easily he can bring me home.

You see without knowing it, we like to make ourselves seem extremely important on this earth. At times we wonder why God can't or won't do things the way we want them done. We think our way is better than His way. Those words may not be the exact ones we think, but thoughts like it often occur. I'm humbled by what God says to Job in Job 38-39. God is in control, and He knows everything that happened, is happening, and will happen. It's amazing and humbling.


Yet Jeremiah 29:11 also comes to mind for me. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."God wants to do great things in our lives... but first we have to step out of the way and let God do them.

No comments:

Post a Comment