Friday, October 29, 2010

Sorry!!!

Goodness! It's been a month since I've blogged!

I have been extremely busy, but at the same time have had free time, I just forgot about yall who read this! So my apologies.

Anyways, Lots has happened and is going to continue to happen for myself and the youth group :)

Flag football was a huge success! Thanks to all the youth for coming out and playing with us! It was a great time!!! Thanks to Mike Frasher for being my other adult to play! Hopefully next year we'll have enough interest to do a league of sorts.

High school Bible study is under way. We have 12 signed up and it has been tons of fun! Experiencing God is the study that we are doing and I encourage all of my high school students who are in the study to keep up the work and stay with the homework because it will be immensely rewarding.

We have our Costume Party/Bonfire this Sunday night! Come out and carve pumpkins, eat smores, and all that great stuff! It'll be tons of fun and you'll get to see my baby dressed up as a bumblebee!!!

So in my quiet time yesterday I found myself struggling with a question that I wonder if others do as well. How much does "feelings" affect the way we act/see/do Christianity? We say "we feel close to God" or "I don't feel close to God." Or, "I feel God is telling me to do something..." Obviously the only way to discern our feelings is to ask God for help in that, but do you ever think you have misinterpreted a feeling?

No comments:

Post a Comment